Cross Country Schooling
Due to the location of the course, army training in the area may prohibit schooling at certain times. Therefore set schooling dates are planned throughout the year when we have clearance to use the course. However please note if at any point when you are on the course you are asked to leave by the course manager or a member of miltary personnel we ask you to do so immediately for your own safety.
Schooling Dates 2013
£25 per horse – 1 hour
£20 per horse if more than 6 people in a block booking – again this is for an hour
£20 Members of the RASC, RA Hunt, BVRC, RA Pony Club, Tedworth Hunt – some sort of membership card/number needs to be produced at the time of booking to receive this price
£15 – Serving military – a military ID card maybe required to make this booking.
When you arrive a the course you will be greeted and you should pay by cash or cheque payable to Central Bank HQ RA.
Health and Safety
Rules of the course:
- Hats - BSI Kite marked PAS015 or BS EN1384 must be worn at all times when mounted, with the chinstrap fastened
- A body protector must be worn at all times
- Proper riding footwear must be worn at all times when mounted
- All Children 16 years old and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- Everyone must take reasonable care to avoid and prevent accidents occurring
- It is advised that riders have their own public liability and personal accident insurance
- Report immediately any defects or problems with the jumps or the course
- All dogs must be kept on leads at all times
We accept no responsibility for any accident, damage, illness to horses/ponies owners, riders ground spectators or property whatsoever.
RIDING, ALTHOUGH A LOT OF FUN, IS STILL A RISK SPORT AND ANYONE PARTAKING DOES SO AT HIS OR HER OWN RISK
General Hazard Warnings for Salibury Plain Training Area
The course and its surroundings are sited on a MoD range and training area, where live ammunition has been used. Please observe the following precuations:
- Approach and leave the course using the signed routes and tracks. Do not stray from these routes of the environs of the course.
- Please note that although we have been given range clearance to use the course on the dates mentioned, if at all you are asked to leave the course by a member of Larkhill staff or the military, please do so.
- Do not touch any suspected munitions or unfamiliar objects even if you think they are safe or harmless. Any such objects must be reported to the booking secretary or secretary's tent.
- Be on the look out for overgrown trenches, bomb craters, scrap metal, wire and trip flares.
It shall be deemed a condition of entry that neither organisors nor landowners nor their agents shall be held responsible for any loss, injury, damage to competitors, onlookers, their property, horses or ponies, howsoever caused.